Grant Application Guidelines
Kids’ Club Mission
Kids’ Club provides support for underserved youth. As a community organization, we marshal resources, increase local awareness, advocate for programming, and strengthen services to improve the lives of children and families.
Our Grant Process
Organizations interested in applying for a grant should first determine if their proposed program falls within the eligibility requirements described below. Interested applicants should then contact Kids’ Club to schedule a conversation with a Kids’ Club board member regarding their proposed program. Kids’ Club will review only invited grant applications.
Kids’ Club has two grant application deadlines during the calendar year: April 1 and November 1. The Kids’ Club board makes grant award decisions approximately 4 to 6 weeks following each of these deadlines.
Grants are awarded for up to one year. Grant award payments are made in one or two payments. We ask our grantees to submit an interim report, typically due in the middle of the grant term, and/or a final report due at the end of the grant term.
Kids’ Club makes grants to:
- tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations
- agencies with a pending 501(c)(3) application if an approved organization serves as fiscal agent
- government agencies
- churches and religious organizations that are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code whose programs are non-sectarian and benefit the population we serve.
In order to fulfill our mission and be effective stewards of the donations that we have fundraised, Kids’ Club accepts requests from worthy organizations operating or proposing to operate programs or services that share the same goal of improving the lives of underserved children and families in the Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow communities.
Kids’ Club does not make grants to or for:
- religious activities
- political lobbying or legislative activities
Recent Grant Recipients
- The Community Food Pantry
- JCC on the Hudson
- Korean Church of Westchester
- Latino U College Access
- Let’s Get Ready
- Open Door Family Medical Center
- RSHM LIFE Center
- Rivertown Dance Academy
- Tarrytown Union Free School District
- Teatown Lake Reservation
- Villages of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow Day and Tot Camps
- Warner Library