The Covid-19 pandemic has created tumult and uncertainty for all of us, but thanks to you, Kids’ Club has been there to help by funding food pantries, technology purchases, academic programming and more.
Please read below to learn how your support has made a difference in the lives of some of those whose worlds have been turned upside down this year:
- “Latino U College Access and Kids’ Club of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow have made my college transition so much easier during this pandemic. I was able to learn what to expect going into remote learning because of the workshops LUCA provided. Receiving my printer from the Scholar Support Fund is very essential right now because I am constantly printing readings. Being a first-generation student has been pretty smooth because of the amazing support system I have with LUCA and Kids’ Club.” – Jasmin, SHHS Latino U Scholar ‘20 & Clark University ‘24
- “Tarrytown Arts Camp is indebted to Kids’ Club for its ongoing support of our arts programs, most especially this year during the pandemic which brought high costs and required rapid changes in order to adapt to a virtual platform. … Kids’ Club was able to step in at a crucial time and ‘save’ our program this summer, helping a significant number of families whose kids would otherwise be playing video games or watching TV.” – Anna Povich de Mayor, Director, Tarrytown Arts Camp
- “The Community Food Pantry of Sleepy Hollow & Tarrytown is extremely grateful for the emergency relief grant we received from the Kids’ Club of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow. As a result of the Covid pandemic, the Pantry has seen a 200% increase since March 2020 in the number of families we serve each month. The Pantry was able to increase our food distributions from once monthly to twice a month as well as provide our families with C’Town gift certificates allowing them to purchase much needed fresh produce and meat. This dramatic increase in the services we provide to our clients is in part possible through the support of Kids’ Club.” – Rachelle Gebler, Executive Director, Community Food Pantry of Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown
- “We are most grateful for all your efforts on behalf of the children of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow. With your generous assistance, children in our district will benefit from the literacy assistance that the [Summer Literacy Program] provides.” – Effie Phillips-Staley, Executive Director, The Foundation for the Public Schools of the Tarrytowns
- Thanks to the ongoing, generous support of Kids’ Club of Tarrytown and Sleepy Hollow, Latino U College Access has been able to provide individualized, emergency support to our Scholars from Sleepy Hollow High School. Unexpected expenses could derail college plans for low-income students and Kids’ Club was there to help. We deeply appreciate Kids’ Club’s flexibility and responsiveness during these uncertain times. Their emergency funding allowed LUCA to fulfill requests from printers and ink to storage and moving costs and even grocery gift cards for families. We’re so grateful!” – Shirley Acevedo Buontempo, MPA Founder & CEO, Latino U College Access
- “On behalf of Folklore Urbano NYC and the Village of Sleepy Hollow, we are grateful to Kids’ Club who was able to fund scholarships for our 2020 fall after school program at Kingsland Point Park, …. Kids’ Club was able to approve money quite quickly to enable the immediate registration of many low-income hispanic families, which has given peace of mind and joy to many who are searching for arts and Spanish enrichment in a safe environment in response to the virtual learning platform. Kids’ Club has also contributed to diversifying the classes so that our children from all economic backgrounds can meet in a common place to learn and create together.” – Pablo Mayor, Musical Director, Folklore Urbano NYC